Answered By: Web Master
Last Updated: Nov 17, 2015     Views: 6

Air R.O.T.C. started at The Citadel in September 1947. At this time, it was part of the Department of Military Science and Tactics. Students took air science courses during the last two years. In September 1950, the Department of Military Science became the Department of Military and Air Science. In 1950, all air science people were in second battalion. In September 1951, the Department of Air Science became a separate department. Four years of air science courses were then offered. In September 1965, the name was changed from Department of Air Science to the Department of Aerospace Studies. (HN)

Related Topics

Contact Us

Chat:
 

 

 

Email: reference@citadel.edu

Call: 843.953.2569

Fax: 843.953.8446

Text: 843.605.4536

Meet: Schedule a Research Consultation

Follow: Facebook / Twitter

See: InstagramFlickr