Answered By: Web Master
Last Updated: Nov 17, 2015     Views: 14

The Holliday Alumni Center is located on Hagood Avenue at the south end of the campus. Opened in September 2000, the 30,000-square-foot facility was named in honor of John Monroe Johnson Holliday, Citadel Class of 1936, who served on The Citadel Board of Visitors for over 30 years and, in 1992, gave the lead gift to build a center for alumni/alumnae. The Holliday Center houses alumni and fundraising operations for The Citadel, a catering kitchen, banquet hall and two courtyards. (Sources: "The Citadel Ready to Open Alumni Center Doors," Post and Courier, September 15, 2000, p. 3B; The Guidon, 2002-2003, pp. 125-126) (DH)

Related Topics

Contact Us

Chat:
 

 

 

Email: reference@citadel.edu

Call: 843.953.2569

Fax: 843.953.8446

Text: 843.605.4536

Meet: Schedule a Research Consultation

Follow: Facebook / Twitter

See: InstagramFlickr