Answered By: Web Master
Last Updated: Nov 17, 2015     Views: 4

The Arsenal was the sister school to The Citadel. It was established in Columbia in 1842 and closed at the end of the Civil War in 1865. Unlike The Citadel it never reopened. (Source: John Peyre Thomas, The History of the South Carolina Military Academy. U430 .S51 T55 1991)

Related Topics

Contact Us

Chat:
 

 

 

Email: reference@citadel.edu

Call: 843.953.2569

Fax: 843.953.8446

Text: 843.605.4536

Meet: Schedule a Research Consultation

Follow: Facebook / Twitter

See: InstagramFlickr