Answered By: Web Master
Last Updated: Nov 17, 2015     Views: 16

The Board of Visitors is equivalent to the Board of Trustees at other colleges and universities. Each member serves a six-year term. General James Jones served as the chairman of the Board of Visitors of The Citadel and the Arsenal from the opening of The Citadel in 1842 until the closing of both schools in 1865. The Arsenal was a smaller version of The Citadel located in Columbia. R.J. Davant and General James Conner served for a few months as chairmen of the Board of Visitors in 1865, but they had no functions to perform. There was no Board of Visitors until The Citadel reopened in 1877. The Arsenal never reopened. (Source: Oliver J. Bond, The Story of The Citadel (see page references in index). U430 .C5 S57 1989) (HN & DH)

Related Topics

Contact Us

Chat:
 

 

 

Email: reference@citadel.edu

Call: 843.953.2569

Fax: 843.953.8446

Text: 843.605.4536

Meet: Schedule a Research Consultation

Follow: Facebook / Twitter

See: InstagramFlickr