Answered By: Marie Rose Last Updated: Nov 17, 2015 Views: 22
Acronym for the Works Progress Administration of the 1930s. In 1939 it was renamed the Works Projects Administration. It was developed to give jobs to the unemployed. In 1939 it built The Citadel Armory that was later renamed McAlister Field House. Bond Hall has a plaque at the rear entrance indicating that the rear addition was built by the WPA.