Answered By: Marie Rose
Last Updated: Nov 17, 2015     Views: 47

The Citadel Parade Ground, also known as Summerall Field, is 1,060 feet long and 450 feet wide, and is approximately 12 acres in area. The Summerall name was given to it by the Board of Visitors in 1934. The bleachers on the east side of the Parade Ground were donated in 2002 by the Class of 1962 to honor the members of the class who gave their lives for their country. The Parade Ground features a number of weapons and monuments including the following:

AIRPLANE (JET)

ANCHOR

CANNONS--MURRAY BARRACKS

CANNONS--PADGETT-THOMAS

HELICOPTER

LVT-H-6 (AMPHIBIOUS TANK)

MISSILE

SALUTE GUNS

SHERMAN TANK

STAR OF THE WEST--MONUMENT

Related Topics

Contact Us

Chat:
 

 

 

Email: reference@citadel.edu

Call: 843.953.2569

Fax: 843.953.8446

Text: 843.605.4536

Meet: Schedule a Research Consultation

Follow: Facebook / Twitter

See: InstagramFlickr